Friday, April 27, 2012

Goodbyes Made You Mine- J.T. Hodges


Why I absolutely LOVE Goodbyes Made You Mine.

I'm not your high school crush,
your first love, your first kiss, 
guy that crossed you off his list, 
I'm not the red tail lights that left you behind,again and again,
I'm not your Tennessee pre med big man, 
promised you a ring and took another girl's hand, 
what's it gonna take to make you understand, 
I'm not that man, 

this is me now, 
baby, don't doubt, 
the love I can give you, 
you gotta know, 

I ain’t the same ol’ let you go, run you around,
String you along, do you wrong, like they’ve done you ‘til now,
Girl after all you’ve been through I knew it’d be a matter of time,
‘Til all those goodbyes made you mine
I’ve been your late night call, your shoulder to cry on,
Out on the highway listening to sad songs,
Talk all night ‘bout stupid things, makin’ you smile

I’ve been right here,
All of these years
I am your man,
By now, you ought to know

I ain’t the same ol’ let you go run you around
String you along, do you wrong, like they’ve done you ‘til now
Girl after all you’ve been through I knew it’d be a matter of time
‘Til all those goodbyes made you mine
No more lonely nights starin’ at your cellphone
No more clinging to a love so cold
With me you’ll never have to be alone



So, I couldn't come up with any clever comments for the songs I actually like. I suppose I'll save those for the really crappy ones I find.

It's just so adorable(: I'm not much for cheesy songs at all- in fact they usually make me a little on the sick side. Cynicism at its best!

This one was different though. It's totally relatable for me (and I feel like the general population) because everyone has been through horrible relationships. And if you're a dude reading this...work with me. Just switch all of the "girls" to some male word of your liking because it goes both ways. Guys like to compare girls to their exes just as much, sometimes (from my past experiences) more so than we do.
This song just puts out there that all people aren't the same and you shouldn't treat your new guy/girl like he/she is your ex. 

Oh, and that he's totally stoked he's with this chick. Which...is just awesome.



Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had.

Up next for the horrible songs: Why Don't You Stay- Sugarland
Up next for the good songs: Life Is Beautiful- Icarus Account





PS- I'm having some technical difficulties with the blog stuff. It's driving me crazy, and I don't like it one bit that this one looks different from my last post.
OCD much?
Rest assured though readers- it will be fixed, darnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment